Fiberglass insulation is a cost-effective insulation option for many homeowners in Chicago.
Fiberglass insulation is used in approximately 85% of homes and serves to slow the spread of heat, cold, and sound. As the most common form of home insulation, fiberglass insulation can reduce your home energy costs by up to 40%. At 1° Temp Home, we are your insulation experts, and we will work to make your home in Chicago, Illinois is more comfortable and energy-efficient. We believe there are a number of important considerations when it comes to fiberglass insulation for your home.
- Is a cost-effective option for many homeowners.
- Poses no fire hazard, making it an excellent option for home insulation.
- Can be installed in various parts of your home’s building envelope for maximum efficiency.
- Can be pink, yellow, white or green, and has a spongy feel.
- Is commonly found in blanket form, or batts, that are pre-cut in standard lengths and widths and are stapled in place.
- May also be found in bags as loose-fill that can be blown into walls, floor openings, and attics.
- Comes with a paper or foil backing that serves as a vapor barrier, reducing moisture and other indoor air quality hazards.
- Is made of significant recycled content, with some fiberglass insulation containing up to 80% recycled glass. Silica sand is a renewable resource that makes up the other portion of fiberglass insulation.
You should always consult with professionals when you need insulation removal or installation, and our experts at 1° Temp Home are available to assist you. When you discuss your insulation requirements with us, we respect your interests and needs and work to find the best solution. Contact us today to learn more about the advantages of fiberglass insulation for your home.