We can discuss whether radiant barrier insulation is a good option for your home in Lombard.
Radiant energy from the sun is what makes your roof hot during the warm summer months. Heat travels by conduction, convection, and radiation through your roofing materials into your attic, affecting your cooler attic space, including your air ducts and the attic floor. Unfortunately, this radiant energy that affects your attic temperature can also affect the degree of comfort and energy efficiency you experience in your home.
At 1° Temp Home, we are your insulation experts, and if you are experiencing home comfort issues, we can discuss whether radiant barrier insulation is a good solution for you. Radiant barrier insulation reduces the heat transfer from the underside of your roof to your other attic surfaces. Here are a few other facts about this insulation option:
- Radiant barriers are installed primarily to reduce summer heat gain and reduce cooling costs.
- They consist of a highly reflective material that reflects rather than absorbs radiant heat.
- To be effective, the reflective surface must face an air space, making radiant barrier insulation a great option for open attic spaces.
- Dust accumulation on the reflective surface reduces its efficiency.
- The reflective material of radiant barrier insulation is similar to aluminum foil, which is then applied to a different backing material.
- Some radiant barrier insulation is fiber-reinforced for improved durability and ease of handling.
- Radiant barrier insulation can be combined with many other types of insulation, acting as the thermal insulation’s facing material.
Contact us at 1° Temp Home today if you feel radiant barrier insulation may benefit you when it comes to your heating and cooling costs and home comfort levels. We are dedicated to making your home in Lombard, Illinois more comfortable and energy-efficient.