Do you know if your home is properly insulated? Here are a few questions to consider:
- Do you have drafts throughout your home that affect your home comfort?
- Are you constantly battling ice dams and other cold weather concerns in winter?
- Do you adjust the thermostat all the time in the summer without good results?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then it is very likely that you have poor insulation in your home. So, then the real question is, what do you do about it? There are four critical areas of your home that need insulation in order to help you maintain a more energy-efficient and comfortable living space.
- Crawlspace – Did you know that a lot of energy can be lost through the crawlspace under your feet? In fact, if you hate stepping down onto a cold floor, a lack of crawlspace insulation could be the culprit.
- Basement – Your basement is another area in which home insulation can come in handy. These moisture-prone and temperature-sensitive areas can be more usable and enjoyable when they are properly insulated against the outside air.
- Attic – Your attic serves an essential function as part of your home, and proper home insulation can be a great asset when it comes to your heating and cooling costs. One could argue that attic insulation should be your first stop when it comes to home insulation.
- Walls – Did you know that, over time, the insulation in your walls can settle and become less effective? Proper wall insulation helps with heating and cooling, sound reduction, and a number of other things that make your home more comfortable year-round.
If you feel that you have inadequate home insulation or would like to inquire about our insulation services, contact us at 1° Temp Home today for more information. We are here to assist you with all your home comfort needs!