We can assist you in addressing your energy efficiency issues by providing a comprehensive energy audit that will show which areas of your home in Lombard need attention.
It can sometimes be difficult to determine the energy efficiency of your home, especially when there are so many different factors that come into play. How do you know what needs attention and what is working properly to help you maintain your home comfort? At 1° Temp Home, we can assist you in addressing your energy efficiency issues by providing a comprehensive energy audit that will show which areas of your home could use consideration.
Our energy audits work to identify areas of your home where energy efficiency could be improved. We check six areas during a full audit:
- Home Exterior – An exterior home inspection will allow our energy professionals to discover any areas where air loss may be occurring around doors and window frames.
- Insulation – Our energy experts perform an inspection of your insulation to be sure your home isn’t experiencing energy loss via the walls, floors, or attic.
- Furnace and A/C Systems – Your furnace and A/C systems are huge contributors to energy use in your home. We inspect these HVAC units to be sure they are working at their optimum levels.
- Duct Work – We will carry out a ductwork inspection to make sure your ducts are properly transporting conditioned air to the various rooms and floors in your home.
- Blower Door Testing – A blower door test will allow us to calculate the air tightness of your home. A blower door is a device placed on the interior side of your entry door. It’s a calibrated fan that will depressurize your home and allow us to pinpoint areas where air loss is occurring.
- Thermal Imaging – Thermal imaging devices help us to locate areas of energy loss in your home. These gadgets make use of infrared radiation to allow us to easily discover areas of heat loss around doors, windows, and vents.
We offer three options for energy audits depending upon your needs: a free assessment, a mini-audit, and a full audit. Each of these is designed to assist you in achieving better energy efficiency in your home.
Contact us at 1° Temp Home today to learn more about our energy audits and how you can achieve improved energy efficiency for your home in Lombard, Illinois. We look forward to discussing your needs.